RubberElast® is a self-adhesive crushing joint tape that has been tried and tested many times over for secure and pressure-tight structural joint sealing between pre-fabricated elements.
RubberElast® can be processed quickly and easily without additional tools. Self-adhesive RubberElast® is applied to the surface of a structural element on one side. Next, the precast element is mounted and the RubberElast® is compressed into the structural joint to fill it. After pressure is applied, the joint is immediately waterproof. We recommend use of the BT-Spannschloss (turnbuckle) to assemble precast walls. The material remains continuously elastic, which permanently seals the joint. Installation should take place in a temperature range from -10 °C to 40 °C.
RubberElast® also retains its elasticity at low temperatures. In addition to very good adhesion to concrete, the sealing tape also exhibits excellent adhesive qualities on metals, glass and other materials.
Typical usages include sealing precast concrete slabs/joints during hydraulic construction of cellars and other waterproof structures, including flange joints. Thanks to its resistance to aggressive process liquids and gases, RubberElast® is the perfect option, even for application in the wastewater sector. You can view the application of RubberElast® in our product video.
A testing certificate from the Material Testing Institute of Braunschweig guarantees its reliability.
- Water pressure-tight up to 0.5 bar
- Application from -10°C to +40°C
- No swelling in contact with water
- Resistant to weather, acid, lye and salt
- Immediately waterproof
- Permanently elastic
- Hydraulic construction (e.g. angle-supporting walls in flood protection)
- Sewer & civil engineering (e.g. shaft structures, media channels, amphibian tunnels), multi-storey
- Residential & commercial construction (e.g. waterproof cellars, white tanks)