Sealing of Construction Joints and Predetermined Crack Joints from the Outside with an EPDM Membrane - ProElast® System
The reliable ProElast® System is an external sealing system for working joints and crack control sections which is capable of resisting high water pressure.
The proven ProElast® System is an easy-to-use, 2-part sealing system. It consists of the robust ProElast® EPDM foil and highly adhesive InnoElast® adhesive and sealant. The ProElast® System is an external strip-shaped sealant for construction and crack control joints. In addition to high waterproofing, the system is highly UV and weather resistant.
The ProElast® System benefits from the unique adhesive and handling properties of InnoElast®. The system is capable of processing starting at -3ºC component temperature and on matte-moist ground.
- Water pressure-tight up to 2 bar
- Can be used on moist soil or even frost-free soil as low as -3°C
- Weather and UV-resistant
- InnoElast II = high chemical resistance
- Can be used without primer
Current usages include follow-up sealing for structural element joints, cracks, and crevices in cellars, ducts, containers, walls, foundations, and also roofs.
- Construction and crack control joints in waterproof concrete construction
- Joint, crack and crevice sealing in new builds and refurbishment
- In shafts, tanks, cellars, underground garages, roofs, balconies
- In civil engineering, drainage (wastewater), in agricultural construction*
*No approval according to Ordinance on Installations for the Handling of Substances Hazardous to Water (AwSV)
Do you have questions?
1. Is the ProElast® foil also available in foil widths other than 30 cm?
Yes, the foil can be supplied up to a width of 170 cm on request.
2. When can loads be applied to the ProElast® system?
The foil adhesive hardens on contact with moisture from the surroundings (from the air, concrete).With wellinsulated, dry walls, it therefore takes longer for the system to harden completely through in the centre of the foil and in the case of joints. In the case of foil widths up to 50 cm, however, the system is already loadable to a certain extent after a week.
3. Can the ProElast® system be combined with LiquidElast® S or V?
Yes, and this is a good combination with large surfaces, as LiquidElast® hardens quickly. The combination of ProElast® for the corners, the edges and the transitions to the floor slab with LiquidElast® S for sealing the large surfaces is a commonly used, good combination.
4. How can large surfaces be laid with ProElast®?
In order to seal large surfaces with ProElast®, strips are preferably laid at fixed distances. Once the foil adhesive has largely hardened, further strips are adhered over the gaps to close them.
5. Can the foil also be used without or with just a little adhesive?
Yes. The tested foil can be used, for example, as a barrier against rising moisture in walls. The foil can also be used to seal looselaid surfaces or surfaces with edge bonding. The foil is also available on request in thicknesses other than 1 mm.