Aluminium Shuttering for Precast Concrete Walls and Panels made of Anodised Aluminium - MultiForm Alu
MultiForm Alu is a lightweight, but dimensionally stable and sturdy formwork beam made of specially coated aluminium.
Due to its reduced dead weight, MultiForm Alu weighs less than half in comparison with other beam systems, even with the formwork facing mounted. As a result, the MultiForm Alu can ensure compliance with national health and safety standards for all shuttering heights and reduce the workload for shuttering and demoulding. Even formwork with a shuttering height of 400 mm including formwork facing can be transported by one employee.
Moreover, the load reduction provides important relief for the employees and is an adaptation to the ageing workforce. It has a positive effect on employee absences due to illness and plays a central role in occupational health management.
The formwork facing made of wood, chipboard or steel panels can simply be screwed to the shuttering from behind. The large openings on the rear side of the MultiForm Alu enable even bulky and large built-in components to be fastened from behind. Like every MultiForm shutter, the shuttering height can be adjusted by changing the formwork facing. Important: even with greater shuttering heights, the shuttering can be mounted, dismounted and carried by one person due to the low dead weight.
In combination with the patented MagFly® magnets, the MultiForm Alu can easily be moved and precisely positioned on the steel surface. The additional and usually laborious sealing, for example with silicone or other sealants, is unnecessary.
Advantages at a Glance:
- Up to 70% lighter than other formwork beam systems made of steel
- Dimensionally stable and sturdy thanks to new design
- Compliance with national health and safety standards & requirements
- No need for cranes, transport with fewer personnel
- Reduction of the work intensity and employee absences due to illness
- Fast and precise shuttering process
- Fast amortisation due to synergies in the production
- No time-consuming additional sealing, for example with silicone
Areas of Application:
- Manufacturing of solid and sandwich walls
- Manufacturing of landing slabs, beams and joists
- Use on tilting tables, formwork tables, circulation pallets and wooden surfaces
You can also purchase the MultiForm Alu and other products in our online shop!
Do you have questions?
1. Which shuttering heights and lengths can the shutterings have and are custom solutions possible?
The shutterings have a standard length of 3025 mm, however, the length of the shutterings can be adjusted individually if necessary. The MultiForm system is available in heights from 68 mm and therefore can be used for shuttering heights from 7 cm. It has been successfully tested for shuttering heights of up to 80 cm. Custom solutions are also possible with the MultiForm. Whether you want angled shutterings or other adjustments, our production can tailor the shutterings specifically to your needs. We will gladly advise you in the choice of the correct MultiForm for your use case.
2. How do I seal the shuttering so that my concrete doesn’t “bleed out”?
When using wooden formwork facing with a PE chamfer profile, it is usually not necessary to seal it further. Through the shuttering magnet’s contact pressure, the air gap between formwork table and shuttering is automatically closed when activating the magnets, which prevents “bleeding out”.
3. How many magnets to I need to fix the shuttering?
We generally recommend using one magnet per meter. However, this is only a reference value, as multiple variables have an influence on it, for example: the sheet thickness of the steel table, the concrete being used, the smoothness and cleanness of the steel table, the filling level, the position of production (horizontal or vertical), …
4. How do I combine two shutterings?
If two MultiForm shutterings are to be combined, the formwork board is attached overlappingly and screwed on normally from behind. After that, the shutterings are connected and ready for production. With the standard length of 3,025 mm, the magnet pockets are distributed in such a way that both shutterings can be connected via magnet at the butt.
5. Is the MultiForm compatible with laser systems or shuttering robots?
Yes, the MultiForm formwork girders are compatible with laser measuring systems. The use with semi-automatic positioning aids such as shuttering manipulators is possible if necessary. The shuttering is only incompatible with fully automatic shuttering robots; however, our U and H profiles can be used for that.