Universal sealing for construction joints and component joints - MultiElast
MultiElast is a self-adhesive andbitumen-free sealing tape against pressing water, used for shell construction as well as for construction joints and component joints.
MultiElast is a multi-purpose sealant for construction joints and for precast elements. MultiElast can be laid directly into fresh concrete to seal construction joints. As a self-adhesive compression sealant it is bonded onto the joint flank of a prefabricated element/component. When the next component is assembled, the sealing tape is compressed in the joint and seals the resulting joint up to 10 m water column.
Advantages of multi-purpose sealant MultiElast:
- Simple processing
- Assembly without additional aids or tools
- As a compression sealant it is waterproof right after the assembly
- It is flexible even at low temperatures
- Water pressure-tight up to 1.0 bar
- Resistant to weather, acid, alkali, and salt
- Can be combined with other Elast products
- Processing from -5°C to +40°C
- No swelling in contact with water
MutliElast application areas:
- Sealing of precast concrete butt joints
- Sealing of precast butt joints of all kinds
- Sealing of construction joints in cast-in-situ concrete
You can also purchase MultiElast and other products in our online shop!
Do you have questions?
1. Do I have to connect MultiElast to the reinforce-ment? (Construction joint sealing – in-situ concrete)
No, because MultiElast can be pressed into the fresh concrete when concreting.
2. What tools do I need to lay MultiElast in the fresh concrete? (Construction joint sealing – in-situ concrete)
None. MultiElast can simply be pressed into the fresh concrete by hand.
3. How must I prepare the fresh concrete? (Construction joint sealing – in-situ concrete)
Only draw the fresh concrete off smooth in the area of the tape, do not rub it smooth.
4. Does MultiElast swell or shrink? ? (Construction joint sealing – in-situ concrete)
No, because MultiElast is not a swelling tape and remains stable in its shape. It seals by means of a fixed connection between tape and concrete.
5. Do the joints have to be cleaned? (Compression seal – precast concrete elements)
Yes, the joint flanks must be dry and free from dust, grease, loose parts and other separating materials.
6. When can water pressure be applied to MultiElast? ? (Compression seal – precast concrete elements)
It does not react chemically with other substances, but water pressure can be applied to it as soon as it has been compressed properly.
7. At what temperatures can I install MultiElast? (Compression seal – precast concrete elements)
MultiElast can be installed at between -5 °C and +40 °C as a compression sealant. At lower temperatures MultiElast becomes stiffer and more difficult to compress. The tape will be easier to process if it is stored at room temperature until shortly before installation.